We understand the challenges of mental health and dementia care
Mental health is just as important as physical health, particularly for those with dementia who may experience depression, anxiety or an awareness of their reduced capabilities. One in four over 65s suffer from depression and 40% of over 85s live with debilitating depression, which hinders their ability to carry out daily activities.
Mental health care
Many families have placed their trust in Loxley Court, for a number of years, to provide quality, person-centred care for their loved one in an open, safe and inviting environment. We provide support for:
- Dementia which has advanced with associated complex health issues
- End of life care
- Mental health disorders which have stabilised from to treatment and ageing, such as schizophrenia and bipolar
- Mental health with associated dementia creating complex and challenging needs, including aggression, inhibitive behaviour and physical stressors
- Needs requiring nursing support
High standards of care
We liaise closely with the local authority community mental health teams and NHS acute mental health services to organise assessments and timely hospital discharges.
We also frequently consult a range of leading mental health experts to ensure we provide the highest standards of care in line with best practice. This includes establishing safe, supportive and specially adapted environments to encourage the independence of our ladies and gentlemen and enhance their confidence.
Stimulating outdoor spaces
Easy access to the outside is important for the mental health of our ladies and gentlemen. As well as being a great stimulator and source of vitamin D, the outdoors provides a chance to relieve tension and anxiety, as well as act as personal space for reflection. Loxley Court is therefore proud to offer private, secure gardens with safe pathways to everyone we support.
Communicating about mental health
Speaking openly and honestly about mental health is one of the best ways to help people cope with what they are going through.
At Loxley Court, you can expect:
- Peer support to reduce stigma and isolation
- Attentive and personalised services
- A welcoming and inclusive community
- Insightful psychological therapies and strategies